Friday, June 27, 2008

Pork Loin

This is my versatile recipe because I can use it for so many different things. I like to make something like this on Monday and use the meat for as many different things as I can come up with during the week (and even freeze some).

1 Large Pork Loin
1 sliced onion
1 T Salt
1 t Pepper
1 t Garlic Powder
1 cup water
1 - 3 bay leaves

Put half of sliced onion in bottom of crock pot or roaster. Set pork loin on top. Rub pork loin with mix of salt, pepper and garlic powder. Pour 1 cup of water in bottom of pan. Drop bay leaves into water. Put other half of sliced onion on top of pork loin. Cook all day on a very low temperature. Here are the things I use it for:

Pork Loin with Mushroom Gravy
BBQ Pork Sandwiches
Pork Burritos, Tacos, Quesadillas or Enchiladas
Pork Fried Rice or Noodles
Italian Pork Sandwiches
Wonton Soup with Pork Wontons

1 comment:

Pam said...

Hi Kathryn,

I was turned on to your blog by my friend Beth a few weeks ago and have really enjoyed searching through your recipes. I have already tried many of them! I was wondering if you would share some of these recipes sometime that you use the pork loin for? Though I cook regularly, I am a pork loin newbie! Thanks again for taking the time to share recipes!