1 package dry yeast
1 t sugar
1 1/3 cup warm water
3 1/3 cup flour
1 1/4 t salt
1 T olive oil
Place warm water, yeast and sugar in large bowl or food processor. Let set until yeast dissolves and bubbles. Add flour, salt and olive oil and knead for a long time ... or as long as you can stand it ... maybe 5 or 10 minutes. Let rest while you prepare your pan, make your sauce, get all your ingredients ready and then gently, slowly stretch around pizza pan. Top with goodies and bake at 400 degrees until golden brown and all the cheese is golden.
I've frozen this and have been disappointed as the middle of the pizza is soggy. I think I need to thoroughly thaw before baking and maybe even bake the crust slightly before freezing.
Sometimes I use part whole wheat flour but honestly on pizza night we all just want a good, white flour, nutrient depleted, nitrate saturated, dairy smothered pizza.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment